If you have been reading my blog before you know that since a while ago I have been getting up at 5 AM to start off the day in the best way, and now I will share with you my tip on how to get up at 5AM. I can tell you this has been the best way ever to get time to do the things I want, during the 24 hours a day that we all have. I have now the time to prepare and work on my goals and my dreams of where I want to be, by changing my morning routine. Here is my tip for you on how to make this happen:
- Decide. You can try this how many times you want, but if you have not really made up your mind, it will never happen.. So take a decision. Tomorrow I WILL get up at 5 AM.
- Prepare yourself the day before. Once you have decided you need to prepare some things. You take out the clothes you will were the next morning when you get up. For instance, your work out clothes. Put them right beside the bed so they are easy to grab when you get up the morning after. Also, you need to think through how many hours of sleep do you need? If say 7 hours, you need to turn off the light at 22 PM.
- Set the alarm. And put the alarm clock on a distance! This way, it will be easier for you not to go back to sleep once the alarm rings the next morning.
- Turn off the light in time. if you need 7 hours and you should get up at 5, you need to turn off the light before 22 AM. And try not to use your mobile phone or other screens in the last hour or so. Instead, read a book or listen to a pod. Or do a calm yoga session or meditation, to get at good nights sleep.
- Get up! Do not snooze! Once the alarm goes off, you rise, you get out off bed. At once. Otherwise the chances are big that you will fall asleep again and your mind will start telling you that you should not get up at all. So do not snooze, and get up right away.
With these 5 steps I have managed to get up at 5 AM a lot of mornings, so I can tell you by own experience that this works. I wish you good luck with taking control of your mornings and starting to rise at 5.
Take Care. Namaste.